This section provides access to a cartographic representation of various information owned by the Canadian Coast Guard.
The charts available in the cartographic representation are used under restricted license.
Please read and accept the conditions of use.
This is a Licence from the Crown to the User for the use of the CCG MARINFO Public Website (the “Information”). This product has been produced by the Canadian Coast Guard based on Canadian Hydrographic Service (“CHS”) charts and/or data, pursuant to CHS MOU 2013-0513-1260-C. The incorporation of charts and/or data sourced from CHS in this product shall not be construed as constituting an endorsement by CHS of this product.
By clicking on the “I Agree” button the User agrees to the following terms and conditions governing the use of the Information:
- The copyright in the Information is the property of the Crown, and the copyright may NOT be sold, licensed, leased, assigned or given to a third party.
- The User does not have the right to use, reproduce, or distribute the Information for sale or license, nor to manufacture or cause to be manufactured, or cause to be sold or licensed files, products or publications which derive from or incorporate or by any other means use the Information, in whole or in part, nor to sub-licence the right to use and reproduce the Information.
- The Information may only be used for NON-COMMERCIAL PURPOSES. Prior written approval from CHS is required for any use of charts and/or data that is not expressly permitted by this licence.
- The Information may NOT be used for navigational purposes. The User acknowledges that the Information does not meet the chart carriage requirements of the Charts and Nautical Publications Regulations, 1995 under the Canada Shipping Act, 2001. Official charts and publications, corrected and up-to-date, must be used to meet the requirements of those regulations.
- The Crown does not warrant or guarantee the accuracy, completeness or currency of the Information for any specific use.
- Neither the Crown, nor its ministers, officers, employees, or agents make any representation or warranty of any kind with respect to the accuracy, usefulness, novelty, validity, scope, completeness or currency of the Information, and they expressly disclaim any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose of the Information.
- The User shall have no recourse against the Crown, whether by way of any suit or action or other, for any loss, liability, damage or cost that the User may suffer or incur at any time, by reason of the User's possession or use of the Information, or arising out of the exercise of its rights hereunder.
- The Crown shall not be under any liability to the User or to any other party in any way whatsoever for the unavailability of the Information for any reason.
- The User shall at all times indemnify and save harmless the Crown from and against and be responsible for all claims, demands, losses, costs, including solicitor and client costs, damages, actions, suits, or proceedings, by whomsoever made, brought, and prosecuted, in any manner based upon, arising out of, related to, occasioned by, or attributable to any acts, omissions, conduct, infringement or damage arising from the performance or non-performance of the User’s rights and obligations as set out herein.
- This Agreement comes into effect when the User indicates agreement to the above terms and conditions by clicking on the “I Agree” button, and shall remain in effect until terminated by the Crown by a public notice posted on this website. All restrictions on the use of the Information set out above shall survive termination. The User agrees to destroy all the User's copies of the Information within 15 days of termination.
- The parties will attempt to resolve any disputes regarding the interpretation or implementation of this Agreement by consultation, negotiation, mediation or arbitration in accordance with the provisions of the Commercial Arbitration Act R.S.C. 1985, c. 17 (2nd Suppl.) as amended from time to time, prior to taking any legal action to enforce this Agreement.
If you encounter any problems with this interface, please contact the Marinfo development team at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Date modified: